The Summerlakes Pool, located on the northeast side of the Clubhouse, is accessible through the Ladies and Men's locker rooms in the lower level of the Clubhouse. A wading pool for preschoolers is adjacent to the main pool. The pool is staffed by certified lifeguards and maintained to the highest standards, ranking in the top twenty county inspected pools in DuPage County.
The pool season runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The pool operating hours are 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, unless otherwise noted.
SUMMER POOL RULES
In order to have a fun and safe summer, everyone must know and understand the pool rules. The pool staff is really excited to have a great summer!
1. Soap and water showers must be taken before entry to the pool area.
2. Only proper, clean swim attire will be permitted. Snug fitting rubberpants or swim diapers only
will be allowed for infants and toddlers using the pool. No disposable diapers!
3. No shoes are allowed on deck. Please remove them in the locker rooms.
4. Shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back.
5. Guards will not lend out swim equipment.
6. No one may enter the pool at any time unless the guard(s) are at their station(s).
7. No diving in the shallow end. Diving is allowed in the deep end beyond the rope at the 5 feet marker.
8. Lifeguards must be obeyed at all times and under all circumstances; violations of this rule will
be grounds for immediate suspension.
9. Guards may test swimming capabilities at their discretion and availability before allowing some- one to swim in the deep end. Test will include swimming the length of the pool and treading water for 30 seconds.
10. No running, pushing, horseplay, dunking, or chicken fights are allowed in the pool.
11. No alcohol will be permitted anywhere within the Clubhouse or pool area.
12. No drinking containers, food, glass, cans, tobacco, or gum are allowed in the pool or on the deck. We insist that all food, drinks, and tobacco products be kept in the patio area. No glass is permitted in the patio area.
13. No rafts, scuba equipment, or tire inner tubes will be permitted. Please ask the guards for a list
of acceptable toys and swim aids.
14. Children with swim aids must be closely supervised and accompanied in the water by an adult.
15. No children over 5 years of age will be allowed in the wading pool; children in the wading pool must be supervised by an adult.
16. Swimsuits will be restricted to the lower level of the Clubhouse. Anyone wanting to watch TV, play pool, or use any other upstairs equipment will have to change into dry street clothes before they can stay upstairs. This also applies to use of the basketball gym.
17. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests. Guests must arrive and leave with the member that they arrived with. Upon leaving the member must sign out their guests.
18. All injuries must be immediately reported to the lifeguard on duty.
Please note: Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any conta- gious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind shall also be refused admittance. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.